Introduction letter

Subject: Introduction letter

 

Dear Prof Mitchelle

 My name is Elicia Choo. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in Hotel leisure and facilities management in year 2018. Upon graduating, I worked in Town Council as a property officer for 2 years.  In my second year of work, I also studied a part time specialist diploma in facility and energy management from Building Construction Authority Academy and graduated in March 2020.

 As a property officer, I worked alongside many different government agencies and this allowed me to understand and appreciate their individual expertise. Through constant interaction with them, I learnt a lot and discovered my interest in the built industry.

One strength of mine that differentiates me from others is my passion for learning. I enjoy discovering new things and find satisfaction in being able to apply what I learn into my surrounding. For example, in school I learnt the basic components within a building, and this allowed me to be able to better identify the building façade issues in the estates while I was working.

Another strength of mine is that I enjoy using visual aids to communicate with others. There is a saying that goes,” a picture is worth a thousand words”. Often, I find it easier to convey my ideas with the use of imagery.

However due to the overuse of visual aids, I struggle to express myself well in writing and verbally. Often times, i would have to trouble my colleagues to proof read my emails before sending it out.  Thus one of my goals is to improve in my written skills and in my speech delivery.

I look forward to developing my communication skills under your guidnce.


Best regards,

Elicia Choo


Comments

  1. Strengths: The contents are well elaborated and consistently well developed.

    Points of improvement: You could emphasize your strength by giving a real life example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strengths: Letter is clear and concise with most of the required points answered.

    Areas to improve: Two goals are required for the letter but the letter only shows one. Goals can be to improve on your current strength and not just purely on your weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strength: Well written and clear.

    Improvement: Lack of one more goal. Could elaborate more on strength.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary and reader response for article "Coal ash to concrete" #draft 3